[Zope] help on ZMySQL

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:45:08 -0600

Do it without the ';'. When it says 'that was not a query' it simply
means that there was no returned results for it to display. If you check
the database, the values should have been successfully inserted.

	----------
	From:  David Wagle [SMTP:david.a.wagle@healthpartners.com]
	Sent:  Wednesday, March 10, 1999 10:57 AM
	To:  zope@zope.org
	Subject:  [Zope] help on ZMySQL

	Zope 1.10.2

	I have a ZSQL method for inserting data into the database.
	The database connection is active.
	the permissions are correct.
	the method is defined roughly as:

	insert into tblname (col1, col3, col4, col5) values
	(col1val, "value taht is constant", col4val, col5val);

	when I try and test it, Zope tells me that there
	is a parse error near ';'.

	I remove teh ';' and Zope tells me that
	"This was not a query."

	I'm missing something, and I'm hoping it's not my
	mind . . . any help?

	(oh, nad yes, the query works just fine when entered
	by hand in a mysql or xmysql connection)