[Zope] help on ZMySQL

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:56:35 -0500

>From: David Wagle <david.a.wagle@healthpartners.com>
> I have a ZSQL method for inserting data into the database.
> The database connection is active.
> the permissions are correct.
> the method is defined roughly as:
>
> insert into tblname (col1, col3, col4, col5) values
> (col1val, "value taht is constant", col4val, col5val);
>
> when I try and test it, Zope tells me that there
> is a parse error near ';'.

If you're doing just a single query, you don't need the ';' (or its
equivilent).

If you're doing multiple queries, use <!--#var sql_delimiter--> to seperate
them.  The DA will seperate the queries using this.  This is equivilent to
what command line or other SQL tools often do with the ';' character.

> I remove teh ';' and Zope tells me that
> "This was not a query."

Nothing is being returned is what this means (or more basically, it wasn't
a SELECT based query).

.jPS | jeffrey@digicool.com
zope, through the web. www.zope.org