[Zope] 'Enter query parameters'

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@usa.net
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:51:48 -0500 (EST)

On 14 Mar 1999 lstep@mail.dotcom.fr wrote:

> In the HTML form, I replaced the action with
> '<form action="add_message/manage_test" method="get">'
>
> where add_message is the Z SQL method. And it adds correctly the
> record to my Database, but displays 'This was not a query'.
> And, well, I don't think taht's the correct method to add records,
> by using the test method :-))
>
> Is there anywhere an example of product adding some records to
> a database ?

Try something like:

<form action="add_message_result" method="get">

And then create a DTMLDocument or DTMLMethod called add_message_result
like this:

<!--#var standard_html_header-->

<!--#call "add_message(REQUEST)"-->

<h2>Success!</h2>

  Your message was added successfully! Thanks!

<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

The success message will only be shown if the query succeeds, because it
is below the #call statement.

Hope this helps!

> Thanks,
> Luc