[Zope] Security tab in home grown Product

James A. Hillyerd jamesh@altavista.net
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:32:25 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Jim Fulton wrote:

> Zope (up to 1.10.x) expects every managed object to have a manage_main
> method that provides the default management interface for the object.
>
> You need to rename or create an alias from your default management
> method to manage_main.

Oh, I see.  So the manage_main I see is actually being acquired from the
folder my product instance is installed in?  If so that would explain why
adding things to it actually adds things to it's parent folder.

If I write a manage_main method, will it start magically working, or do I
need to add it to __init__.methods and/or one of the __ac_permissions__
tuples?

> In Zope 1.10, there will be a new inherited method, manage_workspace,
> which should not be overridden, that picks the first item in you
> manage_options as the default management interface.  This gives
> you more flexibility in naming and will allow more dynamic view
> management.

Sounds cool to me. =)

[]  James A. Hillyerd <jamesh@altavista.net> Java Developer
[]  HyperGlyphics:  http://www.hyperglyphics.com/
[]  GPG Public Key Fingerprint for 1024D/9F956CDE (Expires 2000-02-01):
[]   C86F B073 92DF 1E24 EF0B  0118 6061 0FEC 9F95 6CDE