[Zope] Security tab in home grown Product

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:55:06 -0500

"James A. Hillyerd" wrote:

> I'm resending this to the zope list, because I didn't get any response
> from the zope-dev list.
>
> Hi.
>
> I have made my first Product (a little message wall that people can post
> colored messages to), but I am having some trouble with the Security tab.
> When I press the tab, I get a Permissions screen that looks as it should,
> but when I click the change button (no matter what permissions I change,
> if any), I get the following error:
>
> Sorry, an error occurred.
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 877, in
> publish_module
>   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 590, in
> publish
>     (Info: /wall/manage_changePermissions)
>   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/AccessControl/Role.py, line 194, in
> manage_changePermissions
>     (Object: RoleManager)
>   File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/AccessControl/Permission.py, line 166,
> in setRoles
> AttributeError: manage_main
>
> I don't doubt that I am causing this, but since it isn't occuring in my
> code, I don't know how to go about finding the source of the problem.
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

Zope (up to 1.10.x) expects every managed object to have a manage_main
method that provides the default management interface for the object.

You need to rename or create an alias from your default management
method to manage_main.

In Zope 1.10, there will be a new inherited method, manage_workspace,
which should not be overridden, that picks the first item in you
manage_options as the default management interface.  This gives
you more flexibility in naming and will allow more dynamic view
management.

Jim

repeats.