[Zope] AW: [Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

Stefan Franke sfranke@cdc-group.com
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:32:06 +0100

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way I see to do this *inside*
the Zope application is to keep all your articles inside one folder
(pool) and have key documents in your tree structure which
reference an article in the pool.

I don't know if problems appear when you establish an acyclic
directed graph structure in the object hierarchy itself (I asked
the question myself months ago without an answer).
I see no point why it shouldn't work, but it is not maintained
by the application.

An interesting fact is that your object's properties vary when
accessed by different paths due to the acquisition structure.
An object inside Zope's database (again, correct me, if...)
doesn't know about its father. It only knows about its sons,
the aq_parent path is constructed on each access.

Would also like to hear more about this...
Stefan