[Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

Wade Leftwich wade@okaynetwork.com
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:39:05 -0500

What a great mailing list! I posted my question, shovelled the
driveway (Ithaca NY, 8" of heavy wet snow last night), had
breakfast and an extra cup of coffee, then came back to my desk
to find 2 good answers. Thanks Stefan and Kevin.

Well, on the one hand I'm pleased to hear that my question wasn't
trivial. But I'm disappointed to hear that my problem is difficult.

I'm competing against Cold Fusion here, and the problem resolves
itself pretty easily with linked tables. (At least until I actually try to
write the code.) So maybe I should just co-opt the competition and
use ZSQL? But the odb is so nice, I really want to make it work
that way.

I don't really need for the URLs to look like a directory structure:
instead of /open_source/zopeiscool, it would be okay for the article
URL to be /zopeiscool?section=open_source. But that still leaves
the problem of generating a contents page for each section. I
suppose I could have a script that periodically-or-on-demand walks
through the articles and generates a fresh static contents page for
each section. Seems kind of non-zopish, but that might be the
best way to get decent rendering performance on the contents
page anyway. (The site is very active.)

>an acyclic directed graph structure in the object hierarchy itself

Yow!

The original question: