[Zope] Linux Expo & PR & Wired

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Thu, 06 May 1999 06:35:25 -0400

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> At least from a distance in the Netherlands, it seems like you're doing
> a great job anyway, Paul! Digicool *gets* open source. It's not just
> opening up code; it's opening up the process, and I'm very much
> impressed by how Digicool is handling this. Feel free to quote me on
> that (Martijn the open-source pundit ;).

Actually one of our goals over the rest of the year is to get more to
"open source *development*" rather than just open source software.  I
think we have some improvement remaining in "working in the fishbowl",
as Mozilla puts it.

Specifically, all our internal artifacts about future work should posted
and discussed more openly.

Additionally, it would be nice if parts of the CVS tree were writable by
folks outside Digital Creations.

Hopefully in a month or two we can investigate some things from Mozilla
and learn from it.

--Paul