[Zope] changing user's passwords

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 07:58:02 -0400

While I can't talk about how to do it *now*, I can talk about what's
coming for Zope 1.11/2.0 and beyond.

First, with the idea of "owner" introduced, you can turn over finer
grained parts of an object system.

Also, I believe we'll change the User objects to be Z Classes, meaning
you can easily extend them via the Control Panel.  For instance, you
could theoretically move the password to a separate Property Sheet where
the Owner has the permission to edit stuff on the Property Sheet,
leaving Roles on a Property Sheet where they don't have permission.

Lots of hand-waving and future-itis here, but neat nonetheless.

--Paul