[Zope] permissions

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Tue, 18 May 1999 12:43:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hey you guys:
Which of the permissions to I need to give a Role for this case:

You are not authorized to access manage_renameObject.

It looks like I need the "View Management Screens" permission here, right?

If so, that's poorly factored. I can give a Role permission to Add things,
but once it's there, they can't fix it. I suppose it's because you don't
want the Role to be able to change existing objects, just one's they've
added. So, another thing that'll come with Ownership as well, I guess.

Ross

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer