[Zope] permissions

Howard Clinton Shaw III shawh@sths.org
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:23:33 -0500

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> Hey you guys:
> Which of the permissions to I need to give a Role for this case:
>
> You are not authorized to access manage_renameObject.
>
> It looks like I need the "View Management Screens" permission here, right?
>
> If so, that's poorly factored. I can give a Role permission to Add things,
> but once it's there, they can't fix it. I suppose it's because you don't
> want the Role to be able to change existing objects, just one's they've
> added. So, another thing that'll come with Ownership as well, I guess.

I wonder if that might explain a problem I posted to the list and never heard a
response on. I have had to give several people the manager role, because
with anything less, even all privileges checked, they couldn't access images
they had added. They could see them when they were referenced by a var, but
they couldn't get to the edit screen, or get to the view tab. I sure hope 2.0
fixes that sort of behavior.