[Zope] Advice I

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Tue, 18 May 1999 13:40:22 +0200

Hi,

I've two things to make and wanted to ask for your advise :

If possible without knowledge of python, only with ZClasses.

A knowledge-base tree :

- An item should contain : the problem, and the solution, plus an id.
- It should be possible to categorize the problems in a hierarchiecal
manner.

Should I use a relational db for storing the items? Or should I use Zope?
 -> I guess Zope is perfect for this. Correct? No need of a relational db.

For making it simple to add an item, I can make a ZClass of the 'item'

For categorizing I make use of the #tree tag. Only problem is that people
have to make the hierarchy themself.(i.e. adding folders, etc). And that
they are able to add more then only ZClass items... 'e.g. other created
ZClasses '

--> Is it possible to let people browse to a page.
-->From this page : let them add an ZClass item (without going into
Zope/manage)
     and possible place it in a new category

How to handle this problem?

Tom.