[Zope] ZODB and large data sets

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 27 May 1999 09:55:07 -0400

Yep.  We've easily stored on the order of a million objects and the DB
didn't mind at all.  I would be confident going two orders of magnitude
over that (100 million).  I am being conservative with that estimate,
Jim may give good technical reasons why you could go even higher.

> 2.) I need big databases to !

Remember, Zope has excellent relational database integration.  Zope and
SQL servers have a very powerful symbiotic relationship.  If you have
lots of tabular, relational data and you'd like to use that data from
other tools too, using SQL as part of your backend can be a very good
idea.

-Michel