[Zope] What's Amos ?

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:58:30 -0700

At 08:32 PM 5/27/99 -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:
>Last week, Christopher Petrill wrote, from the conference:
>
>> Michel and Chris took a gargantuan dataset
>> from Amos (the RPM database as RDF)
>
>Does anyone have any further references to Amos?
>
>It seems to be something that would be useful to some work
>I'm embarking on (indexing some RPM's, using Python and Zope
>technologies), but I can find no other mention of Amos.

Um, I think you're looking for Rufus, not Amos.

  http://rufus.w3.org/

Amos just hacked together an RDF parser to turn Rufus into something
ZTables can read. If you want, I'll send you my RDF parsing code. It's not
ready for prime time, but it worked OK for me.

-Amos

P.S. Yes, I could in fact be useful for some work you are embarking on ;-)