[Zope] Zope Startup Questions II (Son of Zope)

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:32:49 -0700

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> Bill Anderson wrote:
>
> > This is incorrect. XFS has yet to see the light of day for Linux. Much
> > more probable (since it is _useable_ ) would be ext3 and/or ReiserFS,
> > which both have alpha-level journalling support. Currently ext3 journals
> > _all_ of the data, as opposed to meta-data only.
>
> And the 2GB limit is in the Linux VFS - XFS will (assuming it comes out)
> change it so it supports more than 2GB, but from what I understood neither
> ext3 nor reiserfs will support >2GB files on 32-bit Linux.

It is possible to break the 2GB limit on  Linux-X86, it requires teh
Large File Summit patch, wich can be found via kernelnotes.org. Have not
yet trie dit myself, but it is on the list for this month. :-)

It has been indicated that if the LFS patch works out well enough,
without introducing too many new bugs, it may go into ext3. Only time
will tell.

Bill

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl