[Zope] Automated packing of ZopeDB

Michael Schmeing michael@internet-factory.de
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:13:15 +0100

I am currently running one Zope server for a customer of ours and I
am preparing to start several more. To save disk-space (as our
customers pay for the space they use) the Zope database has to be
packed on a daily basis.

With the one Server we are hosting currently that has been no problem
doing it manually but when the next sites are moved this can not be
done manually any more.

So my question is does anybody know how Zope databases (both
version 1.x  and 2.x) can be packed automatically?

Any method running on Linux is OK by me, either inside Zope or
cron-based or whatever.

Michael Schmeing

--
internet factory AG  www.internet-factory.de