[Zope] html method called from html document?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 13:15:33 -0400

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: Ainis <ainis@mindless.com>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Saturday, October 02, 1999 6:29 AM
Subject: [Zope] html method called from html document?

>   Is this bug or feature- when i call html method from html document,
>html method is treated as html document. For example I have an html method
>called "standard_html_header" in which I have <dtml-tree... tag but it
>shows up only when called from index_html method, but if my index_html is
>Document tree does not show up :(.

You may want to check out this doc:

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/HowTos/DTMLMethodsandDocsHowTo

This describes the differences between Methods and Documents.

Basically, a Method works within the namespace of its container. If an
index_html Method calls standard_html_header to produce a tree, the
container that the methods act upon is the Folder than contains index_html.
Therefore, the tree lists the other objects available in the Folder. If
index_html is a Document, then the standard_html_header operates with the
Document as the container and would try to list other objects contained
within the Document...

That said, I still recommend reading over Michel's doc.

Kevin