[Zope] ZClass Question

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 13:21:20 -0400

Hello, Al

-----Original Message-----
From: Albert Kinderman <albert.kinderman@csun.edu>
To: Kevin Dangoor <kid@kendermedia.com>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Friday, October 01, 1999 8:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZClass Question

>In your xProduct, create a DTML document (or method) with id default.
>This is at the same level as the xClass, xClass_add, xClass_addForm, and
>xClassFactory.

Hmm... seems to me that the "default" content should be within the ZClass
itself...

>Now when you create an instance of x, the document default will be
>automatically created within the instance created.  Since default is
>inside of the instance, I believe you must have ZObjectManager as one of
>the base classes. [I haven't tried it without ZObjectManager as a base
>class, but I know it works when you do.]

Good point. You do need to have ObjectManager as a base class. Thanks for
summarizing like this... it makes it easier for other people until I get
around to the HOWTO :)

(the howto would probably be pretty similar to what you just wrote, but I'd
probably also include the steps for the Defaults view).

Kevin