[Zope] knotmail

Chris McDonough chris@iqgroup.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:24:24 -0400

ben thanks!

i will try it....

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Leslie
To: Chris McDonough
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Sent: 10/2/99 3:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] knotmail

Hi Chris!

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Michel and others,
>
> I'm sort of confused... I've been mucking around with IMAPAdapter for
> while now (against an Exchange 5.5 server), and I can't seem to even
get it
> to run the simple test code distributed in readme.txt.
>
> Here's what I've done:
>
> created a folder off the root called imaptest
>
> created user defined roles in the root folder for IMAPUser and
NotMail,
> giving them all permissions to that folder in the security tab.
Within the
> imaptest folder I gave all permissions to the same roles for that
folder.

> I then added the imapadapter and the index_html (with the sample code)
into
> imaptest .
>
> Instead of it working, it denies all access to the directory,
whichever
> username I use.  I know IMAP is working because I tried it against a
client
> (Outlook Express) from the same box.
>
> THere are no users defined at the root ( in acl_users ).
>
> Any help?

After much time and effort I have managed to get this working.

I'm not sure if it is a genuine bug or something I've missed along the
way but
if you edit IMAPAdapter.py in the validate function. (Line: 200)

First comment out the following lines:

         if 'NotMail' not in roles:
            print 'Notmail not in roles'
            return None

Then add:

        if auth == None:
            return None

after:

        parent=request['PARENTS'][0]

Mmm, hope this helps, this worked for me.

DISCLAIMER:

Chances are those edits may break
something else though. I really don't know what I'm doing. The zope
authentication process is still somewhat confusing for me and
this is the first python I've done, hopefully it works though :)

Benno