[Zope] Accessing doc/methods in other directories..

davidbro@namshub.org davidbro@namshub.org
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:57:17 -0700

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 03:41:06PM -0500, Dan Rusch wrote:
> Main
> 		A1
> 			A2
> 		B1
>
> Now lets assume that in B1 I want to use a method that is located in A2
> and for reasons to lengthy to get into here, I can't move said method to
> say Main.

This is sort of similar to some thoughts I'd had while hacking around
in Zope.  Suppose I have a bunch of utility ExternalMethods that I
don't want cluttering up my root directory, and yet want to use them
in various different places.  Right now I put them all in a folder off
of root called "bin," and then use

    <dtml-var "bin.method()">

to call them.  But that hard wires the path into the call.  Is there
some way, other than acquisition, to specify something like an
executable path?  I know I can use various combinations of <dtml-with>
to do what I want to do, but I'd rather be able to use something like
the Python "import" method.

Thoughts?

dave