[Zope] Accessing doc/methods in other directories..

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:35:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 davidbro@namshub.org wrote:

> This is sort of similar to some thoughts I'd had while hacking around
> in Zope.  Suppose I have a bunch of utility ExternalMethods that I
> don't want cluttering up my root directory, and yet want to use them
> in various different places.  Right now I put them all in a folder off
> of root called "bin," and then use
>
>     <dtml-var "bin.method()">
>
> to call them.  But that hard wires the path into the call.  Is there

I see your point but for the purpose your solution is fine IMO (at least
this is how I do it too). All you need to do is have the bin directory
somewhere in your aquisition path. Remember though that under aquisition
external methods and DTML methods will behave different than other Zope
objects when called in this way.

Pavlos