[Zope] contrasting Zope vs. Vignette

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 11:20:50 -0400 (EDT)

Oops sorry about the last post by me -- that was an accident. I was
intending to mention in that message interesting work on workflow by
the multi-university Vela project. I would like a workflow system that
is more abstract than the domain specific "moving Web development
projects" down the pipeline. The NCSU folks have been developing an
interesting system called Omniflow  for general collaborative
design. Now they make use of the tclet plugin on the client side, but
one could imagine this in Java. I think there are some good ideas in
what they are doing.

I am doing something similar (but much simpler) in Zope using tclets
for client side currently.

See:
http://www.cbl.ncsu.edu/demos/dac99/1999-EETimes-vela.pdf

and demos (requires the tcl plugin) at: