[Zope] The name ZOPE (was RE: [Zope] Linux.com community ad)

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:26:26 +1000

I seem to be the one that rains on a lot of parades but I thought this was
the time to bring up something thats been bothering me for awhile. The name
ZOPE. In my opinion its not very good. It doesn't convey the   sense of an
enterprise object oriented web publishing system. It sounds silly. Zope as
in Soap. Zope on a Rope. People look at me strange when I say I've been
working with Zope.
I think Z Object Publishing Environment is fine but thats not a name its a
description. I personally think it needs a name that suggests the power,
stability and flexibility that is Zope.

Am I alone in this thought?