[Zope] Future of Zope

Ian Clarke I.Clarke@strs.co.uk
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:06:40 +0100

Doesn't Java (as a pretty much universally accepted client side
language) figure in this anywhere?  Would it really be that difficult to
create a Java conduit to the Zope database?  It could support the
various permissions based access and stuff, and then support plugins for
editing the different types of object.  In this manner, say, the makers
of SquishDot could create a custom SquishDot editor plugin, and such
like.  I will freely admit that I haven't looked at the Zope Database
too closely, but is this feasible or am I talking rubbish?

I am an experienced Java coder, and as such would be willing to lend a
hand to such an effort (although my time is very limited at present).
It would be quite easy to get the ball rolling though by writing a Java
API for putting, and retrieving, Zope objects via a TCP stream.

Ian.

--
Ian Clarke                        Email: I.Clarke@strs.co.uk
Homepage: http://www.gnu.demon.co.uk/