[Zope] Future of Zope

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:40:14 +0200

Johan Carlsson wrote:
> > > And don't forget the ZIE-project using Microsoft's proprietary
> > > API to enhance the UI ;-)
> >
> > Yes, cool, though in Linux it's hard to use that. :)
>
> Again, how runs Linux without technical skills?
> Not to many I believe.

No, not many, though if you're managing Zope you are supposed to have some
technical skills, right? Though I agree nicer GUIs could make things easier
for less technical people.

And it'll change quite rapidly now; people are putting Linux (and Mozilla)
in all kinds of computer like devices; I recall a recent announcement by
Nokia, ofr isntance.

> ZIE aren't for technically skilled people, but
> for a 60 years old lady here in Sweden that we
> usually to call "Agda at the postoffice".

Ah, I was under the impression these efforts were more aimed towards making
the Zope *management* interface nicer. If you're talking about a shell on
top of Zope so that people can easily change the contents of a web page
easily, I agree completely that we can't ignore MS for now. :)

Regards,

Martijn