[Zope] Zope in Business

Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:39:10 -0500

Hi Zope Fans,

We're at a breathing point in the prototyping stage of our IntraNet project
at work, and ready to address all the nitty gritty details we've bumped up
against getting this far. Part of this process is looking at how Zope may be
applied to resolve some of the thornier issues. We anticipate Zope serving
as a general extension in aid of the requirement to publish the large static
document library we have, and will continue to add to. More specifically we
think Zope may fit well as a content management and security /
authentication platform, and as a workflow application development
environment.

My boss has asked me to identify some Fortune 1000 class companies where
Zope is in use, so that we might beg for site visiting privileges, to see
how other folks are putting Zope / Python through their paces. If you know
of an example, preferably in the USA, ideally in the Midwest, please
consider contacting me directly. If you have entrée to such a site, and also
have a weakness for cheap plastic airplane replicas, this could work out
very well for both of us!

Zopefully yours,
Jerry Spicklemire, IS Software Engineer
ATA (American Trans Air)