[Zope] ZClass propertysheet: Selection/Multi selection/Token - how?

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:18:25 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Ian Blenke wrote:

> > I use a 'lines' property to store the possible settings (myitemvalues)
> > and create a selection property which gets its values from myitemvalues.
> > This is a simple method, provided you only need to store a list of items
> > rather than a list of tuples (in which case you would be better off with
> > TinyTables).
>
> What do you tie the 'lines' property to? The product? Or to another property
> in a propertysheet within the ZClass?
>
> The dtml-return hack doesn't work for the ZClass_addForm method (the object
> isn't instanciated yet).
>
> The next attempt is to try and use properties of the Product. Hopefully the
> namespace of the Product is available at _addForm time.

Yes - if you need to access this list in the _addForm method, you
wil need to reference it as
Control_Panel.Products.MyProduct.MyClass.propertysheets.myprops.mylinesitem
(Or possibly just MyClass.propertysheets.myprops.mylinesitem)

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
 //__     Computer Science, RMIT 	 WWW: http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~zen