[Zope] Defining permissions in a base class

Itai Tavor itavor@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:17:28 +1000

Hi,

I have a base class that defines some methods and creates some
management screens, and is registered using registerBaseClass(). I
subclass this base class in several products that add the base class
screens to their manage_options. I want the base class to define
permissions to control access to these screens and to the class
methods. Anything defined in __ac_permissions__ in the base class is
ignored completely. If I register this class as a regular class
rather than a base class, the permissions appear in the security tab
of folders, but they don't affect access in any of the products.

I really want to avoid repeating the permission definitions in every
new class that uses this base class. Is there any way to include the
permissions of a base class in new classes?

Thanks,

Itai
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --
itavor@vic.bigpond.net.au       --               - Kermit the Frog --