[Zope] Re: Mail Archiving

Michael Rose rose@tele.dtu.dk
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 10:09:53 +0200

Bruce Dillahunty writes:

>I have (or have borrowed :-)) code that will mostly
>XMLize an RFC822 message, then put it in Zope... I
>think, if I or somebody can ever get the properties
>stuff for XML documents to work correctly, then you've
>got your database, a file format that is transferrable
>to whatever (XML), with all the headers broken out,
>searchable, linkable to others (chain up the
>references maybe???), etc.

There are people developing XML-RPC specs for email, check the discussion at
http://www.xmlrpc.com/discuss/msgReader$598
There's a link to a draft proposal by Eric Soros on the page.

HTH

Michael

Michael Rose
Center for Tele-Information,    Technical University of Denmark
mailto:rose@tele.dtu.dk              http://www.cti.dtu.dk/personal/rose
Multimedia in the Home - http://mmhome.cit.dk
'and what is the use of a computer' thought Alice 'without pictures
or conversation'                      with apologies to Lewis Carroll