[Zope] Editing downloaded + installed product?

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 01:39:59 -0600

Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> : On Thu, 21 Oct 1999 18:59:14 -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:
>
> >Why manually? Why not go to the Control panel and select restart?
>
> Where? For
>
>   Zope version: Zope 2.0.1 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
>
> I only get a Shutdown button. Note: I am using ZServer, no Apache, no IIS.

Hmmm, it is below the shutdown button on all of 6 of mine (running
2.0.1) ...

> >One of my servers resides on an HP C3000, restarts in <5 seconds, with a
> >Data.fs file of ~4MB.
>
> My data.fs is reasonably trivial:
>
> * approx 4.2 MB in size
> * contains 100 documents or methods
> * with 5-6 binary files that are a bit larger (hence the size of the DB)

Average size of those binaries? I am wondering if it isn't the binaries.
I have 4 Zservers on an old p133 with 128MB ram, on an old scsi drive;
each takes ~45 seconds to load. I have no binaries in them.

> Note that this is before restructuring to Zope acquisition (where I expect
> to have MANY more documents, although much smaller) - I simply jammed all
> the existing data down the ZServer FTP server.
>
> >I would second the reccomendation to pack the database.
>
> Packing the database does not change anything, I am afraid.

Likely due to the binaries.

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl