[Zope] Editing downloaded + installed product?

Stefan Hoffmeister Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 17:25:20 +0200

: On Fri, 22 Oct 1999 01:39:59 -0600, Bill Anderson wrote:

>Average size of those binaries? I am wondering if it isn't the binaries.

These are (in no particular order - blessed be the NT DIR command) the
ones that cross the 100 KB barrier:

  201.361 txstuff.zip
  320.825 Aexcel.zip
  233.547 aexcel32.zip
  129.257 Temail2.zip
  191.985 Floader.zip
  451.509 fputrial.exe
  382.625 mapper.zip
  204.680 mapper44.zip
  196.764 ObjPatch.zip
  345.712 setup.exe
  684.045 setup.exe

I have "about" 135 files in the database, with an (arithmetic) average
size of 32 KB.

>I have 4 Zservers on an old p133 with 128MB ram, on an old scsi drive;
>each takes ~45 seconds to load. I have no binaries in them.

Well, the drive the database (together with Zope itself) resides on is
reasonably old, too (IBM DCAS, 5200 rpm), but still sufficiently
performant (and it's a FAT16 partition, not NTFS)