[Zope] RDF and Zope

Edd Dumbill edd@usefulinc.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:41:11 +0000

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 12:58:45AM -0500, Tim Wilson wrote:
> After doing some reading I learned that RDF seems to provide
> some mechanism for making that easier. I really don't understand it yet,
> but it seems like some important work. I'd love to hear more about it from
> someone more familiar with RDF, XML, and related Python tools than I.

The predominant way sites syndicate their headlines is via the RSS
format, which is related to RDF.  See
<http://my.netscape.com/publish/help/mnn20/quickstart.html> for the
documentation on this.

I'm currently working on a Zope product to enable creation of RSS files.
The next step after that is to enable inward syndication of these from
other sites or sources, where I expect the XMLDocument product will
prove very useful.

I would distribute my product (it's ZClass-based) except I keep running
into difficulties with the Distribution tab -- my new product never
appears the in "Available Object" list when imported into another Zope.
If someone could help me with that, I'd be very grateful!

I can provide a zexp for it (see
<http://www.zope.org/Members/edmundd/SiteSummary>) but I don't think
that includes the external method I used in the product, which you'll
have to acquire from me separately.

regards

Edd

--
Edd Dumbill ------/ a new media consultant, writer & technologist /--
 | Publishing Editor, xmlhack.com                <http://xmlhack.com>
 | Director, Useful Information Company        <http://usefulinc.com>
 : Internet Director, Pharmalicensing    <http://pharmalicensing.com>
 : UK voice/msg: +44 702-093-6870            UK fax: +44 870-164-0230