[Zope] Compiling ZOracleDA on remote machine (was Re: SQL queries?)

Ethan Fremen mindlace@majordomo.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:31:13 +0100

Dom Mitchell wrote:
> No, as they'd be different architectures.  If you had a Sun Oracle
> installation,
> you could build it against that on the web server and still access it
> remotely
> (probably).

So if I wanted to go this route, I'd have to install Oracle on the web
server, compile the DA (as static, I imagine?) remove Oracle, and then
use it against the same version of Oracle on the HPUX box?

yuck.  Plus, this box is the live webserver, so I dunno how popular I'd
be with this move...

Can't I do something more simple and stupid... an ODBC connection or an
external python method that passes SQL queries to the server?  I'm not
trying to do the all singing all dancing routine, just some queries.

--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility