[Zope] HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can froze zope

Gilles lavaux Gilles lavaux" <gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:06:08 +0200

Hello,

I have just discovered a very nasty problem with Zope and all my versions of
netscape(up to 4.6), and with the old verions of IE:
- I put .PNG pictures in a folder.Clicking on thoses file open the 'save as'
dislog box (I don't know why the extension is not recognized),  if people
press the cancel button at this time, Zope is frossen. The only thing to do
is to kill the zope process and restart it.

It's working fine with IE5.

Has someone a solution to this?  Which is the faulty piece of code? the
python SocketServer, the ZopeHttpServer?
(NB: this problem occurt on Zope 1.10.3. This is working ok with Zope2; the
only Pb is that the system we have developed here doesn't works on Zope2!)

If I can not fix this kind of Pb, the only system using Zope we have here at
the European Space Agency/Italy center may disapear :-(

Thanks for any help.

Gilles Lavaux