[Zope] HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can froze zope

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:55:36 +0200

At 14:06 28/10/99 , Gilles lavaux wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have just discovered a very nasty problem with Zope and all my versions of
>netscape(up to 4.6), and with the old verions of IE:
>- I put .PNG pictures in a folder.Clicking on thoses file open the 'save as'
>dislog box (I don't know why the extension is not recognized),  if people
>press the cancel button at this time, Zope is frossen. The only thing to do
>is to kill the zope process and restart it.
>
>It's working fine with IE5.
>
>Has someone a solution to this?  Which is the faulty piece of code? the
>python SocketServer, the ZopeHttpServer?
>(NB: this problem occurt on Zope 1.10.3. This is working ok with Zope2; the
>only Pb is that the system we have developed here doesn't works on Zope2!)
>
>If I can not fix this kind of Pb, the only system using Zope we have here at
>the European Space Agency/Italy center may disapear :-(
>
>Thanks for any help.

What content-type is returned for the PNG images? If they are stored as
File or Image objects, you can see this on the Edit tab. If it doesn't say
'image/png' then this is your problem. IE5 makes it's own decisions on the
content-type based on the extension, while most other browsers (correctly)
take the servers word for it.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer