[Zope] Medusa performance - was: HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can frozezope

Gilles lavaux Gilles lavaux" <gilles.lavaux@esrin.esa.it
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:04:07 +0200

Hello,

I have used medusa to build a 'host monitoring' system (very easy:I just had
to code a module). And I find medusa extremly fast : I have tested it at ~3
millions hit/day(~33hit/sec) whithout problem, actualy I don't know what is
the top limit on my config(dec alpha 433). BUT this was only with very small
pages.

What I dont understand with zope2 is why I have 7 process started: 'python
z2.py -D' ?? If I understoud correctly medusa, it's running in a single
process, so does it means that Zope use 1 medusa http sever + N (6??) 'zope
process' to handle up to N (6?) requests simultanously?

How does the Zope2/medusa part works?

Gilles Lavaux