[Zope] A cut-down user control system..

Stuart Woolford stuartw@newmail.net
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:40:40 +1200

Greetings fellow Zope fans,

I'm working on a test site using Zope 2.0.0 (which I am VERY impressed with..)
and have hit one small problem which I cannot get my head around (although I
guess it's probably quite simple..)

I want to be able to include a page allowing specified users (ie: a manager at
the company whose intranet site this system will be used) to add/remove users
whom are allowed to use resources, HOWEVER, I only want him to be able to
add/remove users, and put them in a limited range of groups (ie: staff, sales,
etc..), NOT to be able to assign/change admin privileges, preferable not be
able to change all users, etc, etc, etc..

I've tried hacking at the existing whatever/acl_users/.... pages used by the
manage system, but cannot quite get this to do what I want (infact, cannot
really get near).

Can anyone help me out?

Stuart Woolford, stuartw@newmail.net
Unix Consultant.