[Zope] pcgi-wrapper (102) failure during connect to Zope 2

Loren Stafford lstafford@icompression.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:10:46 -0700

I get this error at the client (and in the log) when starting up a new
installation of Zope 2 under Apache.

(102) failure during connect
<!--
Interrupted system call
pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a5
-->

The error comes from pcgi-wrapper when it fails to open a socket. The C code
is written so that higher-level procedures overwrite the more detailed error
messages from lower-level procedures; so it's hard to discover just why it
couldn't open the socket.

I'm converting from Zope 1.10.3 to Zope 2.0.0 on a Sun/Solaris 2.6 with
Apache. I've converted the database with bbb.py. I'm using the same rewrite
rule in Apache as for Zope 1. I've set all the permissions in the Zope 2
directories to match the way they were for Zope 1. I can run Zope on port
8080 without Apache.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong or where to look for more info.

-- Thanks
-- Loren