[Zope] pcgi-wrapper (102) failure during connect to Zope 2

Chris Allen chris_allen@aurema.com
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:24:04 +1000

Hi Loren,

> I get this error at the client (and in the log) when starting up a new
> installation of Zope 2 under Apache.
>
> (102) failure during connect
> <!--
> Interrupted system call
> pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a5
> -->

I had the same error message - make sure your Zope.cgi file doesn't contain
a PCGI_PORT statement.  For example I use (replace '**' with the appropriate
path on your machine):

  #!/**/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper
  PCGI_NAME=Zope
  PCGI_PID_FILE=/**/pcgi/var/pid
  PCGI_SOCKET_FILE=/**/pcgi/var/socket
  PCGI_ERROR_LOG=/**/pcgi/var/log
  PCGI_PUBLISHER=/**/pcgi/dummy.py
  PCGI_DISPLAY_ERRORS=1
  INSTANCE_HOME=/**/Zope

(dummy.py is a zero length file - it doesn't get executed but the wrapper
checks it can access it)

I have a different UID and GID running the Zope server so Apache can't
access its files (you don't necessarily have to do this though).  Here's a
table of access rights:

Directory/File       Apache    Zope
/pcgi/               r-x       r-x
/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper   --x       --x    (copied from out of the Zope tree)
/pcgi/dummy.py       r--       r--
/pcgi/var/           rwxt      rwxt
/Zope/               ---       rwx

After you have started the Zope server with the PCGI option, check that it
created the socket file OK, eg.:

srwxrwxrwx   1 zopesrv  zope           0 Sep 10 18:54 pcgi/var/socket=

Hope this helps,
ChrisA