[Zope] Squishdot mail notification.

mcdonc@iqgroup.com mcdonc@iqgroup.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:30:35 -0700

I've asked this on the Squishdot list as well as at squishdot.org with
little response.

Does anyone have Squishdot email notification working properly on Linux
using Zope 2.0.0?

I can't seem to make this work, and the Squish code pretty much baffles
me.

A message gets sent when an article with mail notification is replied
to (how, I dont have a clue, it would be nice to have a comment in the
source somewhere as to how this magic is accomplished...)

The message arrives at the mailhost specified in the Mail Host
configuration.

But the message has a recipient of "None", and a blank sender.
Therefore, the receiving sendmail trashes it.  It's probably just a
case of parameters not being passed between functions in the right
order, or arguments being sent incorrectly to the routine that handles
the sending of mail, but I'll be damned if I can even *see* where it
sends mail in Squishdot.py.

Little help?