[Zope] Re: Squishdot mail notification.

mcdonc@iqgroup.com mcdonc@iqgroup.com
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 00:57:46 -0700

Replying to my own message without any solution... not good.

More info:

I've tried this under Zope 2.X and 1.X (stable releases, respectively)
and come up with the same problem.

I've futzed with the mailhost settings, changing them to every
conceivable combination of local/SMTP with qualified domain names, IP
addresses, anything I could think of.  (I know the mailhost works, as I
successfully created a sample DTML form that mailed out).

I modified the Squishdot_mail_html.dtml template file, hardcoding real
email addresses in the place of var admin_address and var email, and
the mail gets sent.  I've checked the form names, they match the code.
I've checked (as best I could) the order the method receives the
arguments from the form input, that seems OK.  I've tried to fake this
thing out more ways than I care to admit, I've been working on this for
about 10 hours.  I am starting to get embarrassed that I can't fix it.

I know people have this working, as I've visited sites that allow email
notification.  I'm completely stumped.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris

mcdon-@iqgroup.com wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/?start=12111
> I've asked this on the Squishdot list as well as at squishdot.org with
> little response.
>
> Does anyone have Squishdot email notification working properly on
Linux