[Zope] Cacheing

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:54:36 -0400

<snip>

> :>
> :> why not just use some separate subsystem for caching, eq. a squid
> :> in httpd accelerator mode?

<snip>

This would only allow you to cache on web page boundaries not on object
boundaries.

I'd like to be able to write a DTML Method:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
  <dtml-var always_dynamically_rendered_object>
  <dtml-var possibly_cached_object>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Moreover, I want the cached thing to be aware of acquisition, etc..  I
think this necessitates its (rather close) integration with Zope.  OTOH,
am I in the minority of people that thinks cacheing on web page
boundaries (i.e., REQUEST boundaries) is interesting but not compelling?

A perfect case in point is the zope beta site.  I always want to display
the users login (which would be computer on ever hit) and say, "Welcome
rob" However, I'd also like to cache the a rendered <dtml-var
news_items> object.

--Rob