[Zope] Job--Web/Zope developer at the Univ. of Pittsburgh

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:50:03 -0400

We're recruiting for a talented web developer to reorganize our
departmental Web sites and manage them as a distributed electronic
publishing environment. The Department of Pathology at the University of
Pittsburgh has one of the largest Medical Pathology sites, with about
700,000 hits (about 60,000 user sessions) per month. The site includes
Internet/intranet information serving 17 hospitals in southwest
Pennsylvania, over 200 clinical case studies (with more added regularly)
used nationally for educational purposes including Internet-based
continuing medical education for physicians, and support for a national
conference in Pathology Informatics that includes real-time RealAudio
streaming servers. The manual maintenance of this diverse information by
a small central core of Web managers has become unwieldy and we recognize
the need to decentralize authorship for much of our content. We also
recognize the need to move beyond static pages to create Web applications
that augment our work in teaching, research and clinical practice. Thus
our interest in Zope and Zope developers.

Our goal is to make the University of Pittsburgh Pathology site the
premier Medical Pathology site in the nation and to create a model for a
distributed authorship system that can be applied to the University of
Pittsburgh Medical Center in general. The immediate task for the new
developer will be to consolidate management of the servers, unify the
information presentation, decentralize content creation, and work with
the the site's new Medical Director (me) to create and manage a plan for
site development. Salary is in the range of $45 - 55K, depending on
qualifications and experience.

This is a chance to work with good people on a project that has national
attention (at least in the field of Pathology) and also has local impact
and meaning. Plus, IMHO, Pittsburgh is a nice place with a reasonable
cost-of-living.

Reference URLs:
http://path.upmc.edu/
http://aplis.upmc.edu/
http://tpis.upmc.edu/
http://telepathology.upmc.edu/
http://apiii.upmc.edu/

Please email me directly or give me a call (see below) if you'd like
further details.

Jim Harrison

James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
Associate Director of Pathology Informatics, Department of Pathology
Faculty Member in Residence, Center for Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh Health System
C920 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu | voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-9588

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster