[Zope] Problems with icons in ZClass instance (Q1959)

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:01:23 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: chas <panda@skinnyhippo.com>
To: picasso@videotron.ca <picasso@videotron.ca>; zope@zope.org
<zope@zope.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Problems with icons in ZClass instance (Q1959)

>At 02:59 PM 9/14/99 -0400, picasso@videotron.ca wrote:
>The Zclass icons are buggy.
>I've often set one icon to a zclass then changed it to
>a second icon, but not seen the change until days later.

I've noticed this too, but I've been wondering if it was a browser caching
issue. The reason I wondered this is because I exported a product from my
local machine (which was display the wrong icon) and then imported it on a
different server and it then displayed the correct icon. I've noticed that
IE seems to cache some things rather "vigorously". (I haven't been able to
figure out how to get it to stop caching Flash movies).

>Is there a proper route for submitting bugs or is it cool
>enough to post to list (and hence warn others too) ?
>I presume DC harvest bugs from the list.

Bugs should be submitted to the Collector on the Zope site... It is
generally not safe to assume that DC will notice a bug that flies by on the
mailing list.

Kevin