[Zope] ZSybaseDA not releasing connections?

Scott Anderson sanderson@ttm.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:21:56 -0400

Hi all,

I'm using Brian's ZSybaseDA, and I'm running into a peculiar problem.

Each time I run a SQL Method, the connection is not returned to the
pool.  Eventually, I run out of user connections in Sybase and the SQL
Method begins claiming that it's product is broken.

Restarting Zope kills the open connections and makes everything right
again.

In Sybase sp_who, I get the following:

      7 recv sleep   sa                      0     ats        AWAITING
COMMAND
      8 recv sleep   sa                      0     ats        AWAITING
COMMAND

One for each "hung" connection.

Any ideas?  Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, does going to the
Digicool ZSybaseDA solve it?

Thanks,
-scott