[Zope] (Documentation issues ...) cloning folders into instances

Joachim Werner joachim.werner@iuveno.de
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 12:54:45 +0200

Still the same problem, but I am a step further. Anyone to help?

> I have a folder "sample_images" in the ZClass "foo".
> I in the "foo_add" method I try:
> <dtml-call "manage_clone(sample_images,'my_images')">

> The result is:
> "The object sample_images does not support this operation. "

The reason for the error message was that the ZClass was not configured to hold
subobjects of the type "Folders". O.k., now the error is:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute 'importFile'

Last line of the traceback:

File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.1.4-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 402, in _getCopy
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)

It MUST be possible, because I can do the same using copy and paste in the
management console.

The idea of all that is that I want to store a complete sample user in the
ZClass and copy all the relevant items (icons, images, html documents) to the
instance so that it can be customized.

This would be so much more convenient than the things I have seen elsewhere
(python functions creating the documents from scratch etc.).

Thanks for any hints.

Joachim Werner.