[Zope] User quotas

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Sat, 01 Apr 2000 15:44:27 +0200

Hello,

At 12:00 31/03/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:37:15 +0200
>From: Pierre-Julien Grizel <grizel@xlogx.com>
>Subject: [Zope] User quotas

>1- Is there a way to keep user quotas on Zope objects ?... I.e. restrict the
>amount of place a user can waste with its objects.
>I briefly looked at the list's archive but did not find the actual answer.

I remember this was discussed on the zope-dev list some time ago but I
don't think anyone offered a solution. Anyway there isn't any build-in
quota system.

>2- Is there a way to purge the ZODB object history (ie. not the cache but the
>older versions of each object) once I have a stabe "release" of my website
>?... It would take less space on disk, and I suppose rendering will be faster.

When packing the database (Control_Panel > Database Management) you can
keep previous object revisions for a specified number of days.

If you specify 0 all previous revisions will be discarded (and the Undo
list will be cleared).

HTH.

Alexandre