[Zope] seeking Australian Zope developer / designer

Kate Booker Kate Booker" <kate.booker@wicked4kids.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:07:10 +1000

Hello,
My name is Kate Booker, I am based in Sydney, Australia and I publish a kids
’ web site called "wicked4kids".

The site has grown to the extent that it is no longer feasible to maintain
it using html files as site wide changes involve redundantly updating many
pages on the site.  I also want to start to outsource the “webmaster” role
so I can focus more on the business.  Other future goals are to make the
site more interactive and personalisable.

This has brought me to the point of considering what technology to use. I am
considering alternatives such as; XML with server side translation to HTML,
Cold Fusion, Domino and of course Zope.

While the open-source and non-proprietary nature of Zope really appeals to
me (and is a count against, for example, Cold Fusion), my prime concern is
the availability of developers / designers. My site currently uses perl
scripts and I have had difficulty getting developers to help me with
maintaining the site, so I am a bit nervous about moving to a less
well-known technology such as Zope.

What I would like to know is the availability of support for developing /
designing web sites, where they are based and at what cost. If there are any
Sydney-based designers / developers interested in providing development and
support for a Zope-based web site, I’d be most pleased to hear from you:
mailto:kate.booker@wicked4kids.com

Thanks in anticipation,

Kate Booker