[Zope] seeking Australian Zope developer / designer

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:13:31 -0400

>This has brought me to the point of considering what technology to use. I am
>considering alternatives such as; XML with server side translation to HTML,
>Cold Fusion, Domino and of course Zope..

Good choice.. and right list.

>What I would like to know is the availability of support for developing /
>designing web sites, where they are based and at what cost. If there are any
>Sydney-based designers / developers interested in providing development and
>support for a Zope-based web site, I’d be most pleased to hear from you:
>mailto:kate.booker@wicked4kids.com

There are a few things to consider. First of all, you are probably
going to find it a bit difficult to find a Zope Guru. Most Guru's are
working with it already or just hacking with it. There are a few
companies (check on Zope.org under resources) that will probably do
some set up and programming for you but I am not sure how many will
be in Australia.

The good news, though, is that Python and Zope are pretty easy. You
don't have to be a C++ or Java programmer to understand Zope and get
it up and running. Anyone with some great HTML skills and some basic
programming understanding could dig in to Zope and be pretty
productive in a week or so. So, my advice is to find someone who has
a good Linux, HTML background who understands and believes in the
Open Source movement and is willing to learn. Knowing Apache is
another good quality. Download and print out all the Zope Guides,
give them the links to Zope.org, Zope Newbies and the documentation
project and you and Zope can live happily ever after.