[Zope] Problems with FTP port 8021

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:41:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Ken Kinder wrote:
> screwed. This removes the possibility of recompiling the FTP module
> to work on port 8021.
>
> Is there a way I can use FTP port 8021 or an alternate protocol that
> works with IP forwarding?

On the box running Zope would you be allowed to have ZServer hijack
the regular FTP port?  If so, just use the options to Z2.py to tell
Zope to do so.  I don't know if it would work to try to pass FTP
through some other otherwise unused port number that the masquarade
box will pass, but it might.  Otherwise I'd suggest just going out
and picking up a used Pentium 100 to build yourself a nice new
firewall for Real Cheap <grin>.  (Mine cost me exactly $100....)

--RDM